Table of Contents
- 1 Hey, guys welcome to another Fresh Article, in this Article i will come with ‘C Language Introduction ’.
Hey, guys welcome to another Fresh Article, in this Article i will come with ‘C Language Introduction ’.
C Language Introduction – Developed by the startfrombasic.com
HISTORY OF C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE?
1. C is a programming language which born at “AT & T’s Bell Laboratory” of USA in 1972.
2. C was written by Dennis Ritchie, that’s why he is also called as father of c programming language.
3. C language was created for a specific purpose i.e designing the UNIX operating system (which is currently the base of many UNIX based OS).
4. From the beginning, C was intended to be useful to allow busy programmers to get things done because C is such a powerful, dominant and supple language.
5. Its use quickly spread beyond Bell Labs in the late 70’s because of its long list of strong features.
WHY NAME “C” WAS GIVEN TO LANGUAGE?
1. Many of C’s principles and ideas were derived from the earlier language B. (Ken Thompson was the developer of B Language.)
2. BCPL and CPL are the earlier ancestors of B Language.
3. CPL is common Programming Language.In 1967,BCPL Language(Basic CPL) was created as a scaled down version of CPL.
4. As many of the features were derived from “B” Language that’s why it was named as “C”.
5. After 7-8 years C++ came into existence which was the first example of object oriented programming.
SUMMARY OF C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE HISTORY?
1. B Language Developed By Ken Thompson.
2. Operating System Developed in C UNIX.
3. Developed at AT & T Bell Laboratory.
4. Creator of Traditional C Dennis Ritchie in Year 1972.
FEATURES OF C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE:-
1. LOW-LEVEL FEATURES:-
(a). C-Programming provides low-level features that are generally provided by the Lower level languages. C is Closely Related to Lower level Language such as “Assembly Language”.
(b). It is easier to write assembly language codes in C programming.
(a). C Programs are portable i.e they can be run on any Compiler with Little or no Modification.
(b). Compiler and Preprocessor make it Possible for C Program to run it on Different PC.
(a). Provides Wide verity of ‘Data Types‘.
(b). Provides Wide verity of ‘Functions’.
(c). Provides useful Control & Loop Control Statements.
4. Bit Manipulation:-
(a). C Programs can be manipulated using bits. We can perform different operations at bit level. We can manage memory representation at bit level.
(b). It provides wide verity of a bit manipulation Operators. We have bitwise operators to manage Data at bit level.
5 . HIGH LEVEL FEATURES:-
(a). It is more User friendly as compared to previous languages. Previous languages such as BCPL , Pascal and other programming languages never provide such great features to manage data.
(b). Previous languages have their pros and cons but C Programming collected all useful features of previous languages thus C become more effective language.
6 . MODULAR PROGRAMMING:-
(a). Modular programming is a software design technique that increases the extent to which software is composed of separate parts, called modules.
(b). C Program Consist of Different Modules that are integrated together to form complete program.
7 . EFFICIENT USE OF POINTERS:-
(a). Pointers has direct access to memory.
(b). C Supports efficient use of pointer.
APPLICATION OF C PROGRAMMING?
C Programming has a best-known programming language. C Programming is near to machine as well as the human so it is called as Middle-level -Programming Language. C Programming can be used to do the verity of tasks such as networking related, OS related.
Application of C Programming are listed below –
1. C language is used for creating computer applications.
2. Used in writing Embedded software’s.
3. Firmware for various electronics, industrial and communications products which use micro-controllers.
4. It is also used in developing verification software, test code, simulators etc. for various applications and hardware products.
5. For Creating Compiles of different Languages which can take input from other language and convert it into lower level machine dependent language.
6. C is used to implement different Operating System Operations.
7. UNIX kernel is completely developed in C Language.
Hope you find this Article Helpful. 🙂